RE: TR 6 Oil change

To: peterz@merak.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR 6 Oil change
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:36:42 -0500
Considering roughly 90% of TR6's were exported as left-hand-drive carb
units, and with the mechanical fuel pump also doing its fair share to block
the way, I think the canister element was/is somewhat silly. However, one
need not 'remove' the slave, just remove one bolt, loosen the other, then
swing the puppy out of the way to remove/insert the canister. No problems
(except the time & effort to jack up the car to crawl around underneath -
I'm on the verge of putting a pit in my garage!). My $.02 more. JD