RE: TR6 Oil Filter Change

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR6 Oil Filter Change
From: Day.John@fin.gc.ca
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 15:54:56 -0500
That's a quite common modification, and I have seen a couple of cars in our
club with it done. I just can't bring myself to do that (visions of the car
'bleeding' if I cut it, etc.), still opting to use up my stock of OE filters
until I install the spin-on adapter I bought last year. Funny the factory
never made that change, or the dealership network (as their mechanics had to
deal with it). Does anyone have the factory manual listing recommended
service times for a TR6 oil change? Perhaps the lengthy process worked in a
dealer's favour.