RE: tr6 seat diaphragms

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: tr6 seat diaphragms
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:19:47 -0700

Yes I did not include that in my post to not confuse the issue I guess (I
have a late TR6 as well). I had to drill new holes for the "hooks" because
the holes for the rubber strap setup did not match the diaphragm holes (side
ones only, the front and rear holes were fine). This is not a difficult task
if one is careful to avoid damaging the vinyl (a sharp punch and long drill
bit help here). The two side ones at the very front of the side frame rail
(I think those it was ones) required the hole to be drilled at a bit of an
angle but no big deal as only the hook needs to be in the hole and it don't
care.

I assume you relocated the holes to mach the diaphragm? If not your
diaphragm would have been quite distorted I think (I never even tried to
install mine this way, it didn't look at all like it would fit).

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---