GT6 carbs: too rich

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 carbs: too rich
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:05:21 -0500
Triumphisti:

Got my carbs back on the GT6-3 after a rebuild, and I'm, er, nonplused.
While the car runs pretty well, I can't seem to get the mixture to be
right, and with the needles backed way out, the mixture is still too
rich.  Conceptually, I'm having trouble understanding why the carbs
might be allowing too little air; usually, (and previously) the problem
is the reverse.

For background:  K&N filters, header, free flow exhaust, electronic
ignition (Crane), and timing backed off to around 15 BTDC.

As Bartles and James used to say, "and we thank you for your support."

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6