Re: TR6 Poor zero to 60 acceleration

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Poor zero to 60 acceleration
From: "Hutmacher, Greg" <ghutmacher@stanleyworks.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 11:28:26 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Or how about my Chevy Suburban. 270 horsepower vortec 5.7 liter V8. That
bas*t*rd hauls off the line faster than a late 70's Corvette (that's a whole
other funny story. That poor Vette owner! How embarrassing! Beaten by a
soccer mom with a car load of kids and groceries!) And at 82 mph, its
turning only 2000 rpms. The only question is, what class can I race it in at
SCCA? I can see it now...a whole new class for minivans and suburbans! ;-)
;-)
You guys should see my Aerostar minivan go.... in a straight line.
Doesn't corner worth *^%$*! in spite of the 2-1/2 sway bar up front.

Blew the doors off a Miata the other day... until the first corner.

Can't wait until the TR is back on the road! <sigh>

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'91 Ford Aerostar TSV (Triumph Support Vehicle) #(who cares)
'62 TR4 CT17602L
'95 Yokota Yosemite Mtn Bike (when the others don't run)