Stag shift lever needed

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stag shift lever needed
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:50:39 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi gang,

Does anyone have a spare Stag transmission shift lever?  I am interested in
insuring that I get one with a good top section (maybe 8-10 inches?) to
graft onto the bottom of a TR2-4 shift lever.

THE DETAILS:    I recently had the opportunity to see a Stag OD shifter knob,
the one with the integral OD switch.  Very nice!  Since I am currently
upgrading my TR3A to OD and was never real fond of the funky OD switch used
on the TR3's, I am trying to see what in involved in converting, or
replacing, the bent shift lever which came with the OD tranny, to accept the
Stag shift knob.  The Stag knob is both keyed and threaded (please don't ask
me to explain it.  It's a Triumph), which precludes an easy adaptation to
the TR3 shifter.  Also, the Stag shift lever is too long for the TR2-4's, so
even if it was compatible with the transmission, it would need to be
shortened below the shift boot level.  I'll be in a better position to know
what in which to proceed, once I have a Stag shift lever in hand.

Now that I have told all I will bastardizing my car (a little further, but
still easily reversible) does anybody have a Stag shift lever available for
me to purchase for my experimentation?

BTW - I am heading out of town this afternoon.  I'll be off line until
Tuesday or Wednesday, so I won't be able to follow up on responses until
then.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Brooks
TS69032L
Hillsdale, NJ
My car show: http://pages.hotbot.com/family/triumph Map, flyer and
registrations information is now available on the site.