RE: Spin-on Oil Filter Adaptor

To: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>, "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spin-on Oil Filter Adaptor
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:47:09 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Sumner,
        The only real trick part of the spin-on oil filter bracket is to make
sure
you remove the old gasket, and be careful that the new O ring doesn't roll
when it lays in the groove of the engine block.  I smeared a little grease
around the O ring so it slid into the groove easily.  I had to adjust the
adapter so it was leaning somewhat forward so as not to be too close to the
clutch slave cylinder.  If you don't you'll have a heck of a time using a
filter wrench to remove the spin on filter, (believe me, I know.)  Other
than that, the system works great.  I have much steadier oil pressure under
varying RPM's.  Before the upgrade on a warm day my oil pressure was about
30 PSI at idle, and about 70PSI at cruise.  Now since the new filter
adapter, it's about 50 PSI at idle, and about 60 at cruise hot or cold.  I'm
using a Fram spin on filter element.

Good Luck,
Kelly Alford
71 TR6