Re: Price for GT6 mk3?

To: "David J. Szegö" <dszego@rhythms.net>
Subject: Re: Price for GT6 mk3?
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 16:58:40 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
David J. Szegö wrote:

> The VTR, in it's GT6 Buyers Guide, states:
>
> "While some jokers think they can get 4000+ for a *perfect* one..."
>
> And I've never seen one for more than about 3000. So, my question is this:
>
> A Mk3, great engine/tranny/body/shocks/etc. Interior needs work, (ripped,
> non-moving seats, loose vents/lights, switches that don't work, defroster
> lines broken), ignition switch stiff and steering column slightly wobbly...
>
> How much would you pay for it? $4800? $3800? $3500? $2000?
>
> I need a better feel for pricing out my dream car. ;->
>
> Any hints, post here or let me know at dszego@rhythms.net
>
> Thanks,
> David Szego.

These questions are always tough to answer, despite the best worded descriptions
of the car.  But I think the GT6 is probably the best remaining Triumph
bargain,
because, though the top don't drop, when they are properly tuned, they are a
blast to drive.  I prefer mine over my TR6, because of the GT's cornering-to-
power combination qualities.  But that's not what you asked.

If all the essentials are in good condition, but the interior
needs attention, I'd guess $2500 is a good starting price. If this car were
a GT6+, add $500.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6