Now What....

To: Triumph messages <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now What....
From: Peter Firla <bombur@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 21:30:12 -0400
 The problem du jure is the clutch linkage in my 74 TR-6.  When  the
clutch pedal is depressed an attatched shaft drives a pluger into the
vacuum boost unit located in the engine compartment on the firewall. The
plunger is restricted in its return  movment by a thrust washer and a
circlip, which fits into a groove in the bore of the vacuum booster.
Today that circlip snapped out for no apparent reason and I'm having a
bear of a time replacing it. The pedal seems to want to be partially
depressed during the operation. Can anyone give me a tip on how to
replace that circlip!

Thanks

Peter Firla