engine number MK...... ??

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: engine number MK...... ??
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 20:11:43 +0200
Hello listers,

on a swap meeting today someone offered me a 2.5 L Triumph 6 cylinder engine.
He
only had the cylinder head with him and there was no number like CC .....on it
as is on my one and which would identify it. The seller said that there is an
engine number on the motor block which starts with MK..... .He also said that
he
had pulled this engine from his GT 6 and that he is going to replace it with an
original one. Does anyone know in which car this MK ....?? engine originally
was
and if it would be a good replacement engine for my 1969 TR 6, if cabs,
gearbox,
exhaust etc would fit without modifications?? To see the engine I would have to
drive many hours and I should know more about it before I make this excursion.

Thank you in advance

Gerhard Wiederholl

1969 TR 6