notes from the field

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: notes from the field
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:49:55 -0400
A beautiful weekend here in central NY. Took the hardtop off and installed
the soft top. Fixed the signals with an electronic flasher unit; the bee's
knees. Now the signals flash even when the headlamps are on! To whoever
posted this, thanks.

Ran the Mistress in an auto-X yesterday for the first time in 20 years or
so. Refreshed my memory of why this is not my sport, even though it was a
bit of fun to flog the tires and brakes. I found that my rear brakes, when
hot, tended to drag very hard. The only thing I can think of is that I have
them adjusted a bit snug and the heat caused them to expand.

Man, I love that little car! Top down, sunshine, wind in the (grey) hair...

Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (22 year owner)