RE: Transmission question

To: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Subject: RE: Transmission question
From: sanborn@net1plus.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 14:18:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

I am wondering if I need to pull out
>the speedo gears that ride on the mainshaft. If so, how?

Bryan,

Yes... remove the speedo gear set by grabing the housing
wit a pair of channel-locks padded with a rag and turn back
and forth and it will back out.

 Do I have to take
>off the top first? Any help would be greatlyl appreciated.

The rear extension is held in place because the rear
bearing is a press fit.  Without the churchill tool.... the
Haynes method I used succesfully is a big rubber mallet.
You wack away on the tabs at the front and back of the
extention case and it will come off.  Getting on again is
the reverse process with the mallet.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L  Groton,MA
sanborn@net1plus.com