Re:Bikini Top

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Bikini Top
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:51:25 -0400
Hey,
Me again.
Whatever happened to that idea someone had about chopping a vinyl top so
that it stops the blazing sun burning up your bald head?
I've been thinking of cutting out the windows - anybody done this before?
The windows in this top are pretty bad anyway - looks like someone had
bead-blasted them (no joke) so I hardly see out of 'em anyway.  Plus TRF is
having a sale on new ones so I could always get a new one when I cut this
one up.
I went down to the big city today (Raleigh, NC) to talk to someone who runs
a upholstery place for cars.  He says that to put new windows in they would
have cut out the old ones and stitch in new ones (approx $34 labor per
window and say $30 for the plastic)  They also fit new tops, tonneaus for
about $130, if anybody is interested.  It was worth going down there just
to look at some real neato cars they are working on - 1949 Cadillac (now
there is a car with chrome bumpers!!!!), a Rolls, a GTO convertible that
looked about 50 ft long and a bunch more.  Its at 303 N. West St.

Regards,  Adrian