TR6 dash rheostat problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 dash rheostat problem
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 07:36:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Dan Masters (or anyone else):

When reinstalling my dash after a successful crash
pad installation I noticed that there are actually
FOUR available posts on the panel light rheostat
available to connect with the TWO wires that run to
it.

So, with an educated guess I put one wire on slot #1
and one on slot #3.  It worked, although I did notice
that the process seemed to be reversed.  Turning
clockwise actually dimmed the panel lights - but I
was prepared to live with that.  Until last night.

After running for a few minutes - pop - nothing.  The
Prince of Darkness had struck 40 miles from home with
my wife and I in the car returning home from a nice
dinner out.  No fuse blown - the running lights were
still working.  Did I toast the rheostat?  What's the
proper connection anyway?  Thanks.

Joe Merone
CF18928