Re: Spot Welding

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spot Welding
From: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 15:19:02 -0400
Cc: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>, 2000 Register <2000-register@autox.team.net>
David;

when you say the spot welder is not quite right, just what do you mean?
If you have scrap sheet metal that is perfectly clean- that is NO rust,
paint, or oil, film and dirt!- will your spot welder provide good
transfer of heat? That is the resistence of the electrodes have
sufficient ground to create a weld through heat build up.

You may have tried to spot weld your car's sheet metal and failed to
perfectly clean all surfaces- that includes the facing surfaces at
contact with the sheet metal and the surfaces that the
electrodes/contacts meet. All must be clean.

I have have a Miller Spot Welder that I have used with great success on
the Ford project.

Cheers,
Frank
Atlanta GA USA