re:TR6 suspension rebuild & bushing ???

To: Shawn Mann <shaw.mon@worldnet.att.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:TR6 suspension rebuild & bushing ???
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 18:02:00 -0400
I too am not positive about which bushings squeak.  I think it is the poly
ones, but I ma not sure.  I was told that the best are the TRF "nylatron"
ones.  ISTR that I was told by my trusted mechanic that the nylon ones do not
squeak, but I am not sure.

Doing the re-bushing job is fairly easy, but be careful about removing the
original rubber ones.  They come out hard.  I had to drill out a lot
of the rubber before they would come out.  I nicked the rim of the
aluminum and it is now being aluminum welded to fill the defect.

THe front suspension is a bit harder to disassemble, but I am told it
is not too bad as long as you have a good spring compressor...