TR4 Early 1962-63 Seat Rails Needed - Desperate

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4 Early 1962-63 Seat Rails Needed - Desperate
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:38:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to Brad Kahler... I have a nice set of early round-back TR4 seats...
the real TR4 type.  They looked awful when I first saw them but they
cleaned up so well that I would like to use them for Portland and through
the summer until I recover them in leather next winter.   I have been
watching the VTR site, club classifieds and Hemmings for the matching rails
for the last 6 months or so.   I recently thought I finally found the
matching rails.... but there was a mix-up and they turned out to be the
later type.

The ones that I need were used on early TR4s up to 20876CT.... and are the
kind that come in separate pieces one side toward the tunnel is just a
simple rail with studs for the seat pan and other rail on the outboard side
is a rail and adjuster combo with the adjustment knob on the side of the
seat with a little black plastic knob like the shifter knob.

Does anybody have a set of these rails available..... and would be willing
sell them.  I am going to have to start calling those "we got everything
ads" in Hemmings.  I tend to be skeptical of these ads and have not called
up until now.

If I can't get the right rails..... I was  wondering if I could make up
some interim rails using some cabinet drawer tracks and some crude scheme
to make them not move.  I even considered using strong u-channel from Home
Depot and bolting them in non-adjustable.  About how much spacing off the
floor do the actual rails provide.  About an 1 1/2 to 2 inches seems about
right from the Moss catalog drawing and old memory.

TIA

BTW... I now have a set of circa 1966 TR4A seats with rails that are in
very good condition.  They are black vinyl with black piping.  If I can
make the switch to the 1962 seats...  I would make them available.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Triumph.html (under construction)