Re: The Gaydon Spitfire ain't the last - or is it?

To: "Alecks & John Graves" <alecks@globalnet.co.uk>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Gaydon Spitfire ain't the last - or is it?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 23:24:04 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
>   There is a picture of the last Spitfire ,although it's in B&W,
>on page 51 of "Triumph Spitfire and GT6", by Graham Robson.
>It is a RHD hardtop version. I cast my vote for the Inca Yellow
>Gaydon beauty.
>Cheers,
>John Graves

That's the one at Gaydon I should think. I don't buy Robson's books but if
the registration is ORW ??? W it's an Inca yellow hardtop - with 1800 miles
on the clock. I drove it last week round the grounds when we took all the
Triumphs and Rovers out of the building for three days. Nice notchy
gearchange, though oddly it seemed rather more difficult to get out of than
my Mk 3 ! I think it must have something to do with a recent "digestive area
overhang" I seem to have acquired <G>
Biggest fun was squirting the TR6 down the link road at a speed far in
excess of the site limit. I suppose 60 in a 10mph limit is pushing your
luck. When the metering unit woke up, eventually got it running on all six
pots after the first lap and not surprisingly got reprimanded by Hitler in
the Security Lodge for my troubles, but bah gum, it were worth it <G>

JM