Another one for the Fleet!

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another one for the Fleet!
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:33:41 +0100
Yesterday we visited SEM (South of England Meet), essentially the first
TSST event of the season, and my first Club event for many years where I
turned up in something other than a Herald (my MkIV Spitfire). The
weather was kind to us, and we travelled home roof down all the way. A
great day out (with plenty of money spent on rare bits and pieces), but
being Herald-less it felt very strange. So to cut a long story short,
I've bought ANOTHER Herald - not having a roadworthy Herald is NOT going
to be an option in th 40th anniversary year!
        We took a 20 mile detour on the way home from SEM to look at the
prospective purchase, a 1959 Saloon in PINK! Yes, it really is PINK! It
satrted life as Coffee (possibly two-toned with white) with coffee
interior, and it really is extremely original except for the dubious
respray, and (sadly) a later bonnet. The doors and bootlid are the
correct early pattern, and even the front valance seems very solid. The
car has been off the road since 1991, but shouldn't a huge amount of
work to become road legal. She doesn't run at present (no oil filter
fitted!), but I have a good 948 engine to fit short-term if needed.
        So, the plan is to drive her to the TSSC international at Stafford in
July. It should at least turn heads, even if it is for all the wrong
reasons,
        Regards,
                Bill.
--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup