Rimmer supplies?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rimmer supplies?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:46:44 EDT
<<Silly question for someone who has been away from Triumphs for a while and
fairly new to the list.  What parts does Rimmer supply, and what is the
advantage over domestic parts houses?>>

Paul
Rimmer Bros has one of the best looking TR parts brochures in my opinion
(worth the beautiful pictures alone and I keep a couple of their photos
displayed as my inspiration since I just totally dismantled my car!)
Other than that, a bit pricey with the shipping and the 'sometimes applied'
currency exchange fee (about $10-20 I recall).

I always thought the front and back flasher lens on the TR4 looked better as
designed for the home market, England (the front and back are persimmon
colored versus white in front and red in back for the US market) so I was
able to buy those specific orange lens from Rimmer that are not available
from the US suppliers.

Another UK supplier, Revington TR is really up to date on our cars supplying
the latest and greatest stock and upgraded and racing parts (Neil Revington
owns two of the only four still existing Triumph 'Works' TR4s). They hold a
yearly race event for TRs and they cover parts for TR2 to TR8.

Revington TR phone/fax :  International phone (+44) 1823 698437       fax
(+44) 1823 698109    (I would fax a request for specific brochure first -
cheaper than calling) The brochure is supplemental to the original Triumph
Parts Catalog and uses the original factory numbers.

No financial interest except I want all TRs on the road and looking good!

Carl
'64 TR4 since '74