Re: License plates

To: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>, "Laura G." <savercool@email.msn.com>, "Spitfire Mail List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Triumph Travelers Sports Car Club" <Travelers@WildRice.com>
Subject: Re: License plates
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 23:16:30 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
>> I'm looking for a 1978 license plate from Coventry, England to put with
>my
>> car at shows. I have a want ad on the PL8S site, but haven't had much
>luck.
>> So, if anyone has anything or any leads, it would be much appreciated!
>>
>> TIA,
>> Laura G.
>> 1978 BRG Triumph Spitfire named Nigel
>>
>Since it is for shows only, why not just order an appropriately numbered
>plate from one of the plate manufacturers in Britain. I regularly see them
>advertise in my Brit. Car mags. I always thought that they would literally
>make up any plate you wanted. It was the registration and use of the plate
>that could be illegal. Since you aren't using the plate as your
>registration, you should be able to have one made. Fellow Listers from over
>th pond, help us out here.

Keith

About a year back I put up a website for this very purpose - and it deals
with Coventry plates specifically.
A 'slight' commercial interest I'll admit but you'll get the low-down at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/plates
Check out with Scott Suhring. There's a pic of his TR6 on the site (taken
last year) with the original licence number his car was issued with when it
was London delivered all those years ago. I had the plates made up for him
and sent them out.

Jonmac