Re: Bill Wood Update

To: Frank Crowe <thecrowes@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bill Wood Update
From: joe worsley <worsley@yadtel.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:42:50 -0700
Cc: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net

>Joe:
>
>For those of us who don't know Bill Wood, how about a short rundown of his
>interests. likes, dislikes, etc.  That way we can write him and have a
>better chance of his appreciating the humor, info or other stories, along
>with the best wishes.
>
>I feel I almost know the guy now, but don't know anything about him!  I'm
>sure he could use another ton of mail.
>
>Thanks
>   Frank
>     '59 TR3A
>        Carpinteria, CA
>(If this agrees with you and you would like to post the answer on the net,
>go ahead and post the above as the original message if you like.)
>
>PS - hope this isn't a duplicate message, I may have already sent it - I
>think my mind is going!  (HeHeHe)

For those of you that don't know Bill I'll mention a few things about him
per Franks request.  First of all Bill is a great guy.  The type that will
do anything for you.  I met him about four years ago on the list when I
bouht my TR8 and we m=lived in Mississippi at the time.  I have since
retired and we have now moved to NC close to where Bill lives.

He is a avid Triumph lover.  He has three TR8's and a 69 TR6 he bought new.
Two of the TR8's are each double VTR Concourse first place winners at the
national convention.  They are beautiful cars that he bought and restored
completely.  He is working on a third now which is just about ready for the
engine to be reinstalled.

He's been elected VTR vice president this year and unfortunately can't do
muche yet in that area.  He is also president of the Triumph Club of the
Carolinas.

In addition he is very active in his church where he is also employed as I
believe the business manager.

All in all he's just a great guy or at least I think so

He also has a very supportive wife (Mary) in all this who spends her days
at the hospital with him and works nights as a nurse in Greensboro.

He also always beats me in the autocross runs which I hold no grudge on but
would like to win one time.

Send him a card when you can.  No phone calls as the phone is unplugged in
his room.

Joe Worsley
80 TR8
72 Tr6