TR6 engine cylinder pressure

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 engine cylinder pressure
From: "Russell Messersmith" <krus@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 23:11:08 -0500
Listers     Can anyone tell me what the cyclinder pressure on a 72 or 73
TR6 engine should be?  I am trying to buy a replacement engine for my 72
TR6.  I have found one that is running and is complete.  This engine is
delivering approx. 125 psi +or - less than 10%.   Please reply asap an I
must make up my mind about this by tommorrow.  This engine is out of an
early 73 TR6.  So it will be an easy change out.  I donot know what the oil
pressure is running.  But these numbers came from a cold engine.  Thanks
for any help.

Russ Messersmith
1967 TR4A
1972 TR6