RE: Lucas - long

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lucas - long
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 09:58:53 -0700

On Monday, May 17, 1999 11:44 AM, Stephen J. Swift [SMTP:sjswift@cby.com]
wrote:

> At one time or another, most of us have experienced frustration,
> embarassment or anger as a direct result of our cars' Lucas electrical
> system.  Knowing that, I thought you might enjoy my recent discovery that
> Ultimate Driving Machines breed electrical gremlins of their own.
<interesting story snipped>

Bosch is certainly no better than Lucas, IMO.  They BOTH are pretty bad !
 I once owned an Audi 100LS that wanted to have all it's fuses replaced on
a regular basis.  As soon as I started buying Buss fuses, instead of Bosch,
the problem subsided.  And, Bosch parts are (at least were) horribly
expensive.  I was quoted $250 for an alternator and regulator (rebuilt, not
new), back in 1977 !  Instead, I got a GM alternator and regulator for $20
.
I really enjoyed a comment from a fellow Audi owner : "I've finally figured
it out. Audi is German for lemon".

It actually was a great little car, but the electricals were certainly a
pain.

Randall