RE: Request for Parts

To: "'Glen Murdoch'" <glen.murdoch@gat.com>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Request for Parts
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 17:00:51 -0700
Glen :

Wow.  I hadn't yet noticed that the shoes and drums were NLS.  That just
happened in the latest Moss catalog, they were still listed in the Oct '88
version.

Anyway, it should be easy to find someone that will reline your shoes, and
I'm told there are several 10" brake drums that can be easily modified to
fit, including the aluminum drums used on Datsun 240/260/280 Z.  Might be
an interesting alternative, if you are just converting to readily available
parts, or trying to save weight.  I understand the Datsun drums are
accepted by VARA as a replacement for the factory optional Alfin drums, but
I don't know about SCCA, etc.

Randall