GT6 / Vitesse rear hub

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 / Vitesse rear hub
From: "Francois" <francois@amicale.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:36:49 +0200charset="iso-8859-1"
A member of our club, the French Amicale Spitfire, has a serious problem
servicing his GT6 rear hubs (rotoflex model)...

For adjusting the rear "hub bearing end float", the workshop manual asks to use
the "special gauge S325-1".

This special tool seems to have a calibrated height, to measure a clearance,
and then determine what shims to use. The shims determine the bearings pre-load.

Any of you have this S-325-1 tool ? If so, would you measure its height
precisely, then we could make one ?

If you don't have this tool, how do you adjust rear bearings pre-load ?

We say "Amicalement"
Francois Demont
francois@amicale.com
http://spitfire.amicale.com

PS : please reply to the list and send a copy to my email above