RE: Good source for small parts (nuts, bolts, washers, nyloc nuts)?

To: skip@mojam.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Good source for small parts (nuts, bolts, washers, nyloc nuts)?
From: MPRICE@KeystoneSystems.com
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:01:26 -0400
Skip
Check the yellow pages for "Fasteners". I'm sure there's a place near
where ever you are. I've found that they are also a good source for taps
and dies, thread gauges, anti-sieze, and all your fastener related needs
- except perhaps wrenches, tools, and elbow grease. <g>

Get grade 8 stuff for what you can and nyloc nuts by the pound. I got
this advice some time ago from the list and found it to be a good idea.
I don't know if the nyloc nuts are grade 2, 5, or what, but they are
sufficient for the application if you source them from a reputable
supplier. Another piece of advice I picked up years ago...never re-use a
nyloc nut or lock washer. Always install a new one. After all, they are
relatively cheap, and the added insurance is worth it.
So far everything I've run across on my TR250 (with the exception of
some badly performed repairs by some DPPPO) all the fasteners have been
UNF SAE. It makes getting fasteners pretty much a non-issue.
just my .02 worth

Good luck
Mark