American Racing Mags

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: American Racing Mags
From: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 19:40:51 -0400
        Listerati,

        Tomorrow I'm going to take a look at a set of the American Racing
mags that were dealer options for the TR250 (and perhaps other cars). The
owner says they are Magnesium , and it sounds like one is trashed, with a
chip missing from the rim. The spinners are not included. I have a bunch of
questions, including:

        -Is there an easy way to tell magnesium from aluminum?
        -Is magnesium repairble/restorable the way aluminum is?
        -How much can I expect to pay to have the wheels "rehabed"
        by a wheel restoration shop? Is it worth it?
        -What are these wheels worth, say for a usable wheel with
        cosmetic dings and blemishes?

        Any advice would be appreciated.

        Best Regards,

        Tom Marincic