RE:TR6 Suspension

To: Ernest <chusmann@execpc.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE:TR6 Suspension
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 22:59:34 -0400
Ask me in a few weeks.  I am most of the way thru a rear rebuild
with uprated springs, new nylatron bushings (the poly ones squeak!),
new brake lines,  and new u-joints, and a few other things.  The
front is to be done next.

The job in the rear is pretty easy, with a few things being annoying.
See my post about removing the old bushings.  It is easy.

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
>From: Ernest Husmann <chusmann@execpc.com>
Subject: TR6 suspension

I have two questions.  First, how do you check the fluid level in the
rear lever dampers on a '73 TR6.  I know about the plug in the top of
the damper, I don't know what the level should be or what fluid to use.

Second, I am considering a complete rebuild of the front and rear
suspension.  I would like input from listers on your opinions of uprated
springs and non stock bushings.  Any other input would be welcomed.

Ernie Husmann
<