Re: TR6 carb rebuild

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 carb rebuild
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 21:57:28 -0700
Jack,
I've got a '74 TR6 and my piston jet needles have the o-ring your talking
about.  I' guessing its a stock feature to hold the jet needles off the the
fuel nozzel. I left mine in place and set them to be flush with the bottom of
the piston(so the needle base is slightly recessed. I've not gone back and
adjusted my carbs since as the car runs fine(above 60 degrees) at this mixture
setting.
--

On Mon, 24 May 1999 18:25:27   Jack W Drews wrote:

>Upon disassembly of a pair of '74 TR6 Stromberg Carbs, I found a very
>small rubber o-ring on each needle -- where the piston would rest on top
>of the jet.
>
>This o-ring was not included in the rebuild kit and I do not find it in
>the pictures. Should it be there or was this some past mechanic's bright
>idea?
>--
>uncle jack
>61 TR4 Racer  -- fast car
>71 TR6 Street Car  -- fun car

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com