Re: TR6 Tranny Question - Post Clutch Install

To: Steve Nabors <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Tranny Question - Post Clutch Install
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:49:06 -0600
Cc: The List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve,

Sounds like you might need to get a touch more air out of the clutch
hydraulic system.

When you bleed the system have the slave cylinder loose so that the
bleeder nipple is on the top.  That is, let it hang from the top bolt
(with the bottom bolt out) so that the bleed screw is at the VERY TOP.
If you install both bolts and THEN bleed the clutch the bleed screw will
not be at the TOP and there will still be just a little bit of air
hiding above the bleed screw that can compress and cause the
lost of just enough movement in the slave rod to make the clutch not
work properly and may cause you to run gallons of fluif through the
system trying to get it bled (don't ask how I know this).

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446
66TR4A CTC57806