Re: Cloth vs. vinyl top

To: <Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca>, "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Subject: Re: Cloth vs. vinyl top
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:55:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
There was also a short thread (no pun intended) last year about the affect
of window cleaner with ammonia on plastic windows. I learned the hard way
after cleaning the windows on my brand new top a few times and noticing
"water spots" that wouldn't come off. The thread was on how the ammonia
reacts with the vinyl/plastic and clouds it. One individual even commented
on how cleaner with ammonia is banned from their computer lab after the
monitors clouded up. I'm not a chemist, but based on what happened to my
crystal clear new windows I won't use those cleaners anymore.
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 - current status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD