RE: skirted thermostat

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE: skirted thermostat
From: Anthony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:48:26 -0400
TeriAnn,

Yes, they are NLA, but XKs unlimited makes some that are too costly for us
penny pinchers.  $35 or so....

Which model LR is it that has the thermostat that fits the TR2-4?
-T

Message text written by TeriAnn Wakeman
>OK, I guess this thread means that TR skirted thermosatas are no longer
available again.

The series Land Rover engine uses a skirted thermostat VERY similar to
the one used in the TR2-4A engines.  Last time I looked (less than a year
ago) these were still available.

I once popped one of my backup TR3 thremostats into a LR thermostat
housing & it fit fine.  The LR one may require slight modification of the
TR thermostat housing insides.  But it does have the advantage of being
available.

British Pacific carries them in the US.
<