Lightening of cam followers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Lightening of cam followers
From: eedraha@eede.ericsson.se (Rainer Hattendorf)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:41:57 +0200
Cc: eedraha@eede.ericsson.se
Hi all,

I've heard that the special lightend cam followers are worn after a short time.
Besides they are more expensive then the originals.
So my idear is to drill two holes (8-10mm / 0.3-0.4'') through the original cam
follower to lighten it. One hole should be in the upper part of the follower,
the second one in a right angle to the first in the middle of the follower.
So the follower will be lightend by the material of the holes, without loosing
hight, thickness and stability.
Maybe it's better to drill four holes of 4-5mm / 0.15-0.2''.

Any positive comments or warnings ?

Many thanks for any advice,
   Rainer

Germany, (digest mode)

'69 TR6  CC50923LO (take down the engine)