Re: Lubing poly bushes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lubing poly bushes
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:43:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

 And while on this subject I'd like to share my experience with the poly
 bushings I bought from a little North West co. for my TR7.
 Well after about 9 months after I installed them I was on another mission
 in the continuing saga of the "7". Rear end swap, it was as I remember.
 Any way, upon removing the old rear end I noticed the poly bushings I
 installed not more than 9 months ago had ovaled out on me! Yup not wore
 out but actually ovaled center holes. What did I do? Well I just bought
 another set and installed them. Took it in the shorts as it were. If it
 happens again that little north west co. will hear about it.

 -jimb
 www.tyeetriumph.org

> From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
> Subject: Lubing poly bushes

> OK, it's my turn. . .I remember a while back a discussion about what lube
> to use when installing poly bushings to prevent squeaking/groaning (the
> car, not the person installing them :-).  I was planning on using a moly
> lube, actually assembly lube since it contains anti-sieze and moly.  These
> are poly bushes from BPN, not Nylatron or other such material.  I heard my
> Spit do a terrible groan, and clunk while pulling out of the Post office
> yesterday and upon inspection, the rear lower trailing arm bush
> disintegrated and the bolt/sleeve was riding on the A arm itself, so you
> know what I'll be doing this weekend!!  Well I admit, it has been a long
> time since I replaced them.  Any pros/cons on using this particular
> lubrication??
>

> Barry Schwartz (San Diego) bschwart@pacbell.net

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.    ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                   ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##