Re: competition manual online

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: competition manual online
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:03:54 -0400
Message text written by Fred Thomas
>"busy-body" I think they are called<

Well, I do not think it was as bad as that.  I do some writing on occasion.
Mostly scientific, where I get ZERO compensation, and don't expect it.

I also have written a speedometer repair manual.  I want the info to get to
people
for free.  I DO have a problem of someone ELSE making money on my
work.  If I wrote stuff to earn my living, I'd care even MORE.

I see the essence of this as being very selfish.  If no one can make money
doing what
helps us, then soon we will HAVE NO HELP.  We need to encourage people to
keep
these niche books in print.  We can not rob them of the means to do it.

For books NOT in print, I feel it is important to keep the information
available.  That
means keeping the material available electronically (regardless of
copyright).  If the
copyright holder wants to make money and publish, then the free e-books
should be
eliminated.

-Tony