smiths temp sender

To: "'british-cars@autox.team.net'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>, "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: smiths temp sender
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 14:00:38 -0600charset="ISO-8859-1"
Greetings,

Does anyone know which cars used a Smiths temperature sender (for an
electric temp gauge) with a port size of 1/8-27NPT ?

Two Smiths senders appear to be available, 5/8-18UNF (which my TR6 and many
other british cars use) and 1/8-27NPT which is the one I need to use for a
different project I'm working on. I'd like to get a sender from one of the
brit car suppliers but don't know which car I should specify. (I am not
putting the sender into a stock location so that's why the car I am doing
this with is irrelevant).

Thanks in advance.

Peter Zaborski  TR6 (CF58310UO)