Terminal insanity?

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Terminal insanity?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 00:31:06 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Friends

Please tell me - is it really worth it? I spent an intriguing half hour
today in
the depths of the Gaydon Archives looking at a detailed site plan of the
former factory which was drawn to scale between 1971 and 74.
I'm beginning to sense the beginnings of Seasonal Affective
Disorder - in other words, in less than six months it'll be b*****y
Christmas all over again and I need a distraction to while away the winter
evenings - apart from occasional posts to this august band of fellows.
Anyway,
with the site plan firmly gripped in my hand, I then found myself at a jumbo
photocopier (usually reserved for engineering drawings) and bingo, another
copy was in my other hand.
What's the purpose? Nothing really except that it seems a marginally good
idea (AT THE MOMENT) to make a relief model of what I presently have on
paper. What ideas does anyone have for suitable materials (apart from balsa,
card and styrene) and is it really worth trying to compress 125 acres of
land area onto a board measuring about 3 x 2
feet? This is the size of the drawing currently in my possession. I
certainly don't plan to have a larger board because the drawing is perfectly
OK detailwise in its current size and in describing what function was
performed where. Moreover, when its finished - where am I going to put it?
Polite suggestions will be welcomed, I can imagine a few of the others
without any help, thanks. If any UK listers can propose suitable book titles
on micro-modelling, I'd be more than a little grateful - together with the
telephone number of a recommended shrink.

John Mac

Book 1: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
Book 2: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus