RE: Radio suppression

Subject: RE: Radio suppression
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 13:16:57 -0700
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
It's probably worth mentioning that the suppressor goes on the switch side
of the coil, not the points side.  For cars converted to negative ground,
this should be the negative terminal of the coil, but it's not uncommon to
find an improperly done conversion.
So, the safe thing to do is trace the wire from the distributor to the
coil, then put the suppressor on the _other_ low tension terminal.

On Thursday, July 01, 1999 12:17 PM, jonmac [SMTP:jonmac@ndirect.co.uk]
wrote:

> Brian
> Seems like you don't have a suppressor on the coil. They must still be
> around and any halfway decent car audio shop should have a box of them
> lurking somewhere. What I've got is a 0.5 microfarad suppressor
sandwiched
> in place by the coil mounting plate where it bolts to the engine block.
The