New TR4

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New TR4
From: Johntr6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 08:58:41 EDT
Having initiated the thread on 6's vs 4's a few a week ago, I'm now the
proud(?) owner of a 64 Tr4, an original BRG to match my repainted BRG TR6. I
probably paid too much - $2250 - but engine runs and idles smoothly, clutch
and gears work, although couldn't test drive because brakes are out. Body is
clean, except for a surface break on the door from over extension because the
hinge strap is missing, but new paint will be needed. Interior is OK, with
new panels and seat cover in mailing box. Also, complete OD transmission and
spare engine from, PO says, a 4A. Two huge oil-sodden boxes full of parts and
junk, good tonneau and softtop, and - the finest treasure of all- the
original owners manual! And a Haynes. Lots of new parts.

So, the promised comparison tests of 6 vs 4 are some time in the future. I
think I'll get it roadworthy, and if I enjoy driving it as much as the 6,
consider a frame-up restoration. Unfortunately i live in a little house on a
tiny lot on the water (that's the Atlantic Water) with a one car garage full
of woodworking tools. Maybe O'l fabricate one of those "temporary " plastic
shelters folks around here erect so as to work on their boats in the winter.
"Temporary" for me, however, is likely to be years....not to be appreciated
by the neighbors.

Anyway, lots of fun ahead.

Cheers, John
TR6 running