Re: Stag Convertible Top (Hood)

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stag Convertible Top (Hood)
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 1999 17:05:37 -0400
Cc: stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Hello Art,

I put a new canvas top on my 73 Stag about a month ago. Not a job for the
timid.
Very time consuming. With the sanding and repainting of the top frame,
and fitting the canvas top and all seals I have about 15 hours into the
project. It looks terrific.  I don't know if my top is a Caribou as I
bought it from someone with a bunch of extra parts
I have fitted several TR6 tops and the top on my Herald and the Stag was
much more work than the TR6, but all in all, if you have some experience
and a lot of patience, you should be able to get a nice result.

(BTW, Art, I somehow lost the email you sent me about the A/C. If you can
send it again, I'll be happy to reply.)

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999 16:34:26 EDT ArthurK101@aol.com writes:
>My new '73 Stag has a vinyl replacement top which was sort of "thrown
>on."  I
>was going to take it to a top shop and see if they could correct the
>fit.
>However I came across an ad for Caribou canvas tops in Lake Forest,
>CA.  They
>have a Stag CANVAS 3 window (which I would prefer over the one window
>
>version)  top for $269.  Anyone have any experinece with Caribou tops.
> (I
>think we had a thread on this on the triumph list a while back.)  TIA.
>
>Cheers.
>
>Art Kelly '64 TR4 (daily driver), '73 Stag ( in the OR for the time
>being)

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida