RE: TR3A Squeaky Steering

To: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Subject: RE: TR3A Squeaky Steering
From: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:18:03 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Sorry, I should have mentioned WHERE I sprayed it.  As I remember, I sprayed at
virtually every gap that I could get to:  between the control head and column,
behind the steering wheel where it rotates on the column, and under the hood
where the steering column nylon/rubber o-rings fit and there is a gap.  What
finially did it I think, was getting enough lubricant to run into the felt by
spraying behind the steering wheel, where it fits on to the column.  It's not a
direct shot, so it had to seep into the column.  Sure, I could have pulled the
head and wheel, but I thought I would try this first and it worked.  If it
starts squeaking again, I'll go ahead and pull the wheel and do it "right".  The
reason I recommended the teflon spray is because it will start out very light
and then set to a gell.  I think it's called "Lubri-Gel"  or something similar.