VTR - Last Update

To: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: VTR - Last Update
From: "Bob Danielson" <rdaniels@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 20:57:58 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Boy did I screw up. I never got tickets to the final banquet and award
ceremony! DUH............ wadda jerk! Once I realized my mistake, I tried to
contact a couple of people who had posted tickets for sale on the hotel
bulletin board, but to no avail. So it was time to make a decision........
hang around and hope the ticket sellers show up, sit around the room and
pout or go play golf. 18 holes later we're back in the room packed and ready
to leave in the very early morning. Lots of list members did very well in
yesterday's autocross, even more then reported yesterday. The official
results show the Fat Chance Garage TR4 placing 1 (Mark driving) & 2 (john
Lyie? driving). Andy Mace won his class and was 3rd overall.

The Big Show: WOW.......... there must have been 300-400 cars on the field
today. Absolutely unbelievable. I think my TR6 is in very good shape.....
decent paint, new interior, detailed engine bay, nice top, allow wheels
etc......... But compared to what I saw today....... it's an also ran! These
cars are beautiful. Voting for  the best was very difficult so I vote for
the car that's as clean as mine and driven as much. Nice clean daily drivers
always get my vote. And if they autocrossed too.......... they're a winner
in my book.

My intent was to find as many list members as I could and get a picture of
them with their car. Not much luck...... I either found their car or them or
neither. Just too many cars and too many people. I still took about 30 - 40
pictures of cars and people.

Late in the day I was talking to Fred Thomas who said.......... "it was the
largest and best run National he's ever been to........."   That's high
praise from Fred. It was my first National and my hat's off to the New
England Triumph Club. They ran an outstanding event and should feel very
good about how it went. Heck........ even the weather cooperated....... 4
days of sun, breeze, 85 - 90 and no rain.

Heading home to my own bed......... a full size PC and keyboard, lot's of
pictures to edit and post to the website.

Signing off
Bob Danielson