RE: Carbs rebuilt but TR6 still sputtering........

To: "'bob@calc.com.au'" <bob@calc.com.au>
Subject: RE: Carbs rebuilt but TR6 still sputtering........
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 07:59:43 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

Bob:

I didn't check the distributor for wear, but I did install a new rotor and
distributor cap.  The car only has 8K miles on it - all original so I am
going to assume that excess wear is not an issue.

The car seems to run best before it gets hot.  Once the car has warmed up, I
get "sputtering" between 1500 and 2500 RPM.  I can feel and hear the
roughness at those RPM, but I'm not sure anyone else can - at least my wife
doesn't notice .... but I'm not sure that means anything.  It just always
feels like I should be downshifting to put a better load on the engine.

I will probably get it over to the mechanic this week.  If he comes up with
a quick fix, I will post it for the benefit of the list.

Thanks for your reply.

Jack Radley