Constant Charging Light

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Constant Charging Light
From: dane trSix <dbtr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 08:46:41 -0700 (PDT)

Quite a few of you have been offering me help to solve
my problem with the Constant Charging Light on my 73
tr6 - thanks. Unfortunately, I still haven't found the
cause even though I'm sure I must have a short
somewhere in the system. I think it's somewhere along
the white wires. My harness has been partly fried
sometime in the past. A complete new harness is too
expensive, and I'll try to replace some of the wires -
have already contacted British Wiring. I'm thinking of
adding some more fuses in the process. I was wondering
if any of you have done the same ? I know the car will
no longer be stock, but rather that than any more
fried wires.

While I was looking at the alternator to see, if there
should be any shorts in that part of the system, I
notices I have no less than three brown wires coming
from the alternator. Could someone please help me
understand what these three wires are for - I would
think one would be enough? My wiring diagram shows two
brown wires connected to the alternator and both going
to the big red battery wire, but then again, I have
never been able fo find a wiring diagram that covered
my car 100 % (I'm looking at section 6.00.02 in the
tr6 manual).

One more question. What is the function of the anti
run on valve ? A couple of years ago, I broke my
ignition key, and had to buy a new ignition switch. I
was not able to get the right switch, and the one I
have does not have a connector for the anti run on
valve. I don't think it matters that much apart from
when I stop the engine, and I sometimes have "run on".
Can I connect the Brown Red (to the anto run on valve)
somewhere else ? I suppose it only gets power when the
engine is turned off and the alternator is still
producing power while the engineis still running till
it comes to a stop ?

Thanks,
Dane