O/D Switch Length

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D Switch Length
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 16:29:02 -0400
Carl Asked:

Hi List
Bought a used overdrive switch and it measures about 6" long. The original
turn signal 'lever' on my 64 TR4 steering column is only about 4 1/2"
long..
Shouldn't they both be the same?
Anyone out there with an original TR4 OD switch on a TR4 that can measure
theirs for me? Or better yet sell me the correct one- I suspect the one I
got
came from a TR250 or later.
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74

My original Switch for turn signals and overdrive on my 62 TR4 are both
about 4 1/2" long. The metal stalk exclusive of the tab on the end is about
3 1/4" long. They have silver (chromed?) stalks and black tabs on the end.
About 13 years ago I ordered NOS replacements for these (both Lucas) and
these were 4 1/2" for the turn signal and 6" for the O/D...both with black
stalks. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Keith

    _       _