Re: 87mm cylinder liners

To: trstreep@chicago.avenew.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 87mm cylinder liners
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 08:01:19 PDT

>From: Robert Streepy <trstreep@chicago.avenew.com>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>CC: trstreep@chicago.avenew.com
>Subject: 87mm cylinder liners
>Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 09:48:59 -0500
>
>Listers--
>
>       A compression check confirmed my fears about the state of rings on my
>TR3 [110, 130, 80, 130]. I have a set of 87 mm pistons that I would like
>to use as long as the 83 mm pistons have to come out anyway, but alas,
>no liners. If anyone has a set of liners [or even one or two]- he  would
>like to sell or trade, please reply off list.
>
>Bob Streepy

    Bob get thee to a GOOD machine shop (someone with a good rep
    amongst the "racing and street rod" community) and have your old
    ones bored out... That is if you don't turn up a set (usually
    it's pistons AND liners).

    Some might say this won't work but it did for me... about 5 years
    ago and I'm still happy with the results. You will have to take
    the block too (may as well have it boiled out at the same time).

    Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)