tr6 value

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: tr6 value
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 19:10:49 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
hey everyone,
    i usually hang out on the spit list, but have a question about a tr6 i
am interested in.  I ran into a guy to has a 76 spit in his garage and would
like to get rid of it, but he "doesn't know what he wants for it" and want
me to "make him an offer".....
    so here is the car:  as far as i know, it does not have overdrive, has
twin SU carbs.  it has not run in ten years.  i have not yet checked to see
if the rear trailing arm mounts are solid or not (god i hope they are).  the
left rear fender is rotted and must be replaced.  The right front fender has
repairable rot.  The interior and battery box seem solid as far as i can
tell.  still has original redlines.
the rocker panels are spotty but seem repairable.

DPO claims he parked it because he was embarrased about the fender rust and
parked it, but never got around to fixing it.

so what do you all think?  I am looking to get it away from him, but i want
to know what you all think of a value if the frame is good (as well as what
it is worth if it is rotted)  I figure all of your input would be the best
way of creating a valid price for him.

your consideration is very much appriciated,
jim libecco
jfl@neoucom.edu
1976 ugly colored spit
1976 tr6???