"lift the dot" fasteners....

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: "lift the dot" fasteners....
From: Cliff Pike <cpike@cpass.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 08:04:23 -0400
Hello listers,
The new tonneau for my early Spitfire came with "lift the dot" fasteners
that have a spring clip arrangement inside, which my old ones did not
have. My question is, how do I orient these fasteners when installing
them, does the spring go toward the front or toward the rear of the new
top?
My wife and I made some last minute plans and drove to Portland for the
VTR convention. ( No, not in a Triumph....maybe some day!)   Some
beautiful cars there,  met some fine people, and filled quite a few
discs with pics. Well worth the trip, and congrats to all those who
worked to put the whole thing together.
Thanks
Cliff Pike
Guelph, Ontario
'66 Spitfire4 MKII ( driving it)
'64 Spitfire4 ( parts)
'58 TR3A under restoration
'59 TR3A bits and pieces
'60 TR3A all there, for parts or restoration

--
Business website: http://www.cpass.net
Pike Family Home Page: http://www.cpass.net/~cpike/home2.htm