Re: TR-3A fender attachment

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-3A fender attachment
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:36:21 +0200
Joe Curry schrieb:

> ........  After all, millions upon millions of Volkswagen Beetles were
>equipped this way and certainly they must have known something..........
>
> Joe

Some stuff that never gets hard enough to break sould be anywhere where steel
panels are bolted together and in any gap of the body to seal metal overlaps
against water. Otherwise capillary effect helps water to get there and to stay
there longer than anywhere else. And this are the common starting points for
rust.

I used something called  "sealing band" from Teroson for my TR 6 wings and on
other cars I had. Teroson is a 2 X 20 mm slightly tacky sealing compound. And
you can remove the wing again any time you want.  For other sheet metal gaps
like floor panel to sill there are paintable polyurethane sealing compounds .

Gerhard Wiederholl
1969 TR 6
1976 Triumph TR 7 RV